RECIPE FOR PANCAKE TUESDAY
FEBRUARY 16, 2015 by GARY AT CHUPI
Here in the Chupi office we are all big fans of home baking so we thought we’d treat you to our favourite recipe for Pancake Tuesday. Hot on the heels of Valentines day (when many of us are likely to have over-indulged in chocolate!), pancake Tuesday is another excuse to treat yourself, considering it’s the one day of the year where a quick serving of pancakes and Nutella is viewed as an acceptable evening meal!
Check out this lovely recipe for pancake Tuesday below, based on Nigella Lawson’s original, we have added our own twist with dairy alternatives!
30 grams dairy free spread
150 grams white spelt flour
325 ml almond milk
1 large egg
1. Melt a knob of spread and let it cool a little.
2. Put flour, eggs and milk into a blender / bowl and whisk firmly.
3. Pour the mixture into a jug and stir in the melted spread.
4. Heat a shallow pan of about 20cm in diameter, ladle 2-3 teaspoons of batter into the pan then quickly hold it up and swirl, so that the batter forms a quick, thin pancake covering the base of the pan.
5. After a minute, flip the pancake and cook for 30 seconds to a minute on the other side.
6. Repeat until you have a delicious batch of pancakes!
Happy pancake Tuesday from everyone here at Chupi!