Our Upgrade Program turns your most loved Chupi pieces from our plated collection into a sparking solid gold heirloom to be treasured forever. Our solid jewellery is designed to last a lifetime, to carry on your story to the next generation.Check your piece
Upgrade your favourite Chupi piece from our plated collection to a solid gold heirloom.
Simply click the button below to use our Upgrade Calculator to assess your upgrade eligibility and cost.
Once your upgrade’s eligibility has been confirmed, return your piece to us via post/courier. Your much loved plated Chupi piece will be melted down and recycled back into our supply chain or re-worked and gifted to one of our wonderful charity partners.
Pay the balance of your upgrade. Your plated piece’s value will be deducted from the cost of upgrading to the solid gold equivalent.
Your sparkling solid gold piece will be shipped to you complimentary via DHL. Your piece will arrive beautifully wrapped in our signature blush pink Chupi packaging.
Sustainability is at the heart of what we do. When we make a solid gold ring we know it will be around for hundreds of years to come, an heirloom that will pass down through the generations.
The obvious difference between solid gold and gold plated is the lifetime guarantee. When you upgrade to a solid gold piece from Chupi you have not only a tiny piece of our beautiful island, but a future heirloom that will become part of your story and last forever.
Solid gold is highly valued because it doesn’t fade or tarnish and will continue to hold its value over time. Solid gold is remarkably robust, we have all seen our grandmother’s rings, they’re still perfect after a lifetime’s wear.Shop solid gold
Chupi has teamed up with the incredible Dress for Success Dublin, that provides women with the clothing, skills and confidence needed to succeed in the workplace. Their services include: professional styling clinics, a career centre, mentoring programmes and ongoing career support. As part of the Chupi Upgrade Program, a percentage of your returned pieces will be gifted to this incredible charity, giving your piece a wonderful new home and empowering another woman.Learn More
At Chupi, we believe in marking moments, making memories and passing on heirlooms. Our Upgrade Program turns your most loved Chupi piece from our plated collection into a sparkling solid gold heirloom to be treasured forever. Our solid jewellery is designed to last a lifetime, to carry on your story to the next generation.
Upgrading your plated Chupi piece couldn’t be easier!
When you upgrade your plated piece to a solid gold piece from Chupi you not only have a tiny piece of our beautiful island, but a future heirloom that will become part of your story and last forever. The difference between solid gold and gold plated is the lifetime guarantee. Solid gold is highly valued because it doesn’t fade or tarnish and will continue to hold its value over time. Solid gold is remarkably robust, we have all seen our grandmother’s rings, they are still perfect after a lifetime’s wear. As part of our commitment to sustainability, we want to reduce our contribution to landfill and our use of new material sources. Once returned to us, your much loved plated piece will be melted down and recycled back into our supply chain or gifted to one of our incredible charity partners.
We understand the incredible sentimental value of your much loved Chupi plated piece and can assure you it will find a wonderful new home. Your returned piece will either be melted down and recycled back into our supply chain or replated and gifted to one of our wonderful charity partners.
No, we hope you have worn and loved your piece and completely understand that it may not be in perfect condition. Find out more here
Potentially yes! Jewellery that is no longer part of our current collection will be assessed on an individual basis. Find out more here. If you own an older piece of Chupi jewellery that is no longer in our collection we may be able to offer up to €100 credit towards your solid gold piece.
Unfortunately not. Upgrades are only available on Chupi jewellery.
Yes! Whether your Chupi piece is gold plated or silver we would love to upgrade it to solid gold or solid white gold for you.
The Chupi Upgrade Program is designed for upgrading your most loved plated piece into a solid gold heirloom, like the ring you chose to celebrate your promotion. For this reason, you can only upgrade one gold plated or silver piece to your new solid gold piece.
While we always work hard to deliver your beautiful Chupi piece within 48 hours, each piece is handmade with love, and in cases of high demand or special custom made castings your piece may take up to 6-8 weeks to be cast, set, sized polished and finished to perfection by our master craftspeople in Ireland. Therefore, your upgrade will take up to 6-8 weeks to be shipped from when we receive your Chupi plated piece and upgrade payment.
Once we have received your plated Chupi piece and upgrade payment, you can expect your upgrade to be shipped to you within 6-8 weeks. You will receive an email once your upgrade has been shipped so you can track its shipping progress with our delivery partner DHL.
We offer 100 days returns on our Chupi pieces and all our solid gold jewellery includes warranty and repairs. Find out more here.
Your new solid gold Chupi piece will be shipped to you for free anywhere in the world via DHL. We offer complimentary tracked shipping with all Chupi solid gold pieces. When returning your old Chupi plated piece to us via post to upgrade it, this cost will be covered by you however. Upgrades returned to us via a Postal/ courier should be sent using a trackable service, unfortunately Chupi does not take responsibility for items that are lost in transit.
- Taking into consideration the terms and conditions outlined below, The Chupi Upgrade Program offers the full value of the piece as listed on our website at the time of Upgrade will be deducted from the value of the solid gold piece.
- The time of upgrade will be when your Gold plated piece has been received in the Chupi studio or our flagship store in Atrium.
- Jewellery that is no longer part of our current collection will be assessed on an individual basis. Complete our upgrade form and we will let you know if your piece is eligible for The Chupi Upgrade Program.
- If you own an older piece of Chupi jewellery that is no longer in our collection we may be able to offer up to €100 credit towards your solid gold piece.
- For damaged or broken Chupi pieces we may be able to offer €50 credit towards your solid gold piece. Please complete our upgrade form.
- Some pieces within our collection such as 13 Leaves Necklace are not suitable for solid gold upgrade, in these cases we are able to offer an upgrade to a different solid gold piece.
- In some cases pieces brought into store/ sent to the studio for upgrade may have to be sent back for further assessment.
- All Gemstone rings will need a full assessment in studio to insure the gemstone is suitable to be transferred to a new setting.
- The Chupi Upgrade Program cannot be used in conjunction with a discount code
- The Chupi Upgrade Program cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotions.
- The Chupi Upgrade Program only applies to Chupi jewellery.
- The Chupi Upgrade Program is only available online or in our flagship store Atrium.
- All decisions on eligibility for the Chupi Upgrade Program rest solely with Chupi.
- Upgrades returned to Chupi via a Postal/ courier should be sent using a trackable service, unfortunately Chupi does not take responsibility for items that are lost in transit.
- The Chupi Upgrade Programme is a discount offered against the future purchase of your solid gold upgrade piece. This discount is non transferrable, it cannot be applied retrospectively and is not redeemable for an equivilant cash value.
- If your piece isn't perfect, you are welcome to return your upgrade within 100 days of order. Upgrade returns are subject only to the value paid for your solid gold Chupi piece. In the case of such a return, we will endeavour to return your original Chupi plated piece to you but should this no longer be possible, we will issue you with a credit note for the discount value applied.